Independent pioneers, craft brewers, good citizens
Since opening in 2015, Basqueland is dedicated to making beer on par with the Basque culinary experience. We are proud to be global ambassadors for the Basque community and flagbearers for craft beer in Spain. We accept the responsibility of leading by example as artisans and good citizens. We are looking for self-starting employees who want to work in a dynamic industry with exceptional opportunities. We are in an extended expansion phase. We are looking for beer industry professionals and other professionals to join the team and contribute immediately.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly organized, and self-motivated Packaging Manager to work at Basqueland’s headquarters in Hernani.
• Report directly to Head of Brewing Operations
• Supervise bottling, canning, and kegging operations
• Oversee packaging ops within the company’s ERP/Operating System
• Troubleshoot and maintain all packaging equipment
• Ensures safe and efficient operation of equipment
• Assist in planning and execution with Head of Brewery Operations
• Make improvements to the process, equipment, work practices, and order to elevate the quality of the beer
• Maintain the packaging area clean and safe
• Keep inventory up to date
• Identify and correct maintenance issues
• SOP writing, Report writing
Skills and Experience
• At least 2 years of supervisory experience and 3 years of Brewing/Packaging experience
• Brewing/Packaging education is a strong advantage (IBD, heriot Watt,…)
• A good history of scrupulous data collection and record-keeping and great attention to detail
• Communicates effectively with all employees and operations management of the brewery
• Must be able to communicate in the English language. Spanish will be considered a plus
• Ability to delegate, lead the packaging crew by example and make difficult decisions when necessary
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• Strong approach and dedication to continuous improvement and completion of objectives
• Must have basic computer skills and aptitude
• Passionate beer lover
Compensation will be addressed in the interview process based on the applicant’s experience relative to the open position.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15/09/2022.