Since its opening in 2015, Basqueland has been dedicated to brewing beer alongside the Basque culinary experience. We are proud to be global ambassadors of the Basque community and champions of craft beer in Spain. We accept the responsibility to lead by example as artisans and as good citizens.
We are looking for self-driven individuals who want to work in a dynamic industry with exceptional opportunities. We are in an extended expansion phase and seeking professionals from the brewing industry and other fields to join our team and make an immediate contribution.
1- The position
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, highly organized, and motivated individual to work at Basqueland’s headquarters in Hernani as a Packaging Manager.
2- Job description:
• Report directly to the Head of Brewing Operations
• Supervise bottling, canning, and kegging operations and the team
• Manage data entry within the company’s operating system/ERP
• Perform maintenance and troubleshoot potential issues with all packaging equipment
• Ensure safety and efficiency of the equipment
• Assist in work planning and execution alongside the Head of Brewing Operations
• Make improvements to the process, equipment, work practices, and workspace organization
• Keep the packaging area clean and safe
• Maintain updated inventory
• Draft SOPs and write reports
• Minimum of 2 years of team supervision experience and 3 years of experience in the food industry
• Education in brewing/packaging is a significant advantage (IBD, Heriot Watt, etc.) but not required
• Strong track record of data collection and maintaining meticulous records with great attention to detail
• Effective communication with the rest of the team and brewery operations managers
• Must be able to communicate in English and Spanish
• Ability to delegate, lead the packaging team by example, and make tough decisions when necessary
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• Strong focus and dedication to continuous improvement and goal achievement
• Basic computer skills and aptitude required
4- Intangible qualities
• Beer lover
• Compensation will be addressed during the interview process based on the applicant’s experience in relation to the vacant position.
6- How to apply for the position:
• If you meet the above criteria, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com before 07/06/2023.