Independent pioneers, artisans, good citizens.
Since our opening in 2015, Basqueland has been dedicated to brewing beer alongside the Basque culinary experience. We are proud to be global ambassadors of the Basque community and champions of craft beer. We accept the responsibility to lead by example as artisans and as good citizens.
We are seeking self-starters who want to work in a dynamic industry with exceptional opportunities. We are in an extended expansion phase and are looking for industry professionals to join the team and contribute immediately.
Reporting directly to the Master Brewer and Lead Brewer, the BREWER will be responsible for executing daily brewing and storage actions safely and efficiently with the rest of the team, delivering beer of the highest possible quality. In addition to brewing exceptional beer, responsibilities include creative contributions and implementation of best practice solutions to improve the product and processes. The BREWER may be required to attend festivals and events periodically on behalf of the company and must behave as an ambassador of Basqueland Brewing when doing so.
Brewing and Cellar tasks Operate the brew house. Dry-Hopping. Operate the centrifuge. Tank CIP. Fermentation monitoring Yeast handling tasks. Basic QA/QC analysis: CO2/DO2 measurement, cell counts, viabilities, gravities, pH measurement.
Assist Master and Lead brewer on continuous improvement projects. Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a brewing role at a fast-growing brewery.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in biological or chemical sciences.
- The IBD Diploma in Brewing or similar is a great advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of the brewing process.Work flexibly to achieve production targets (AM/PM shifts, weekend shifts).
- A good history of scrupulous data collection.
- Demonstrated understanding of QA/QC best practices.
- Passion for the craft beer industry.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish or English.
- Operate with integrity
Compensation will be addressed in the interview process based on the applicant’s experience relative to the open position.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 11, 2023.