INDEPENDENT PIONEERS, CRAFTSMAN, GOOD CITIZENS
Since opening in 2015, Basqueland is dedicated to making beer on par with the Basque culinary experience. We are proud to be global ambassadors for the Basque community and the flagbearer for craft beer from Spain. We accept the responsibility to lead by example as artisans and as good citizens. We are looking for self-starting employees who want to work in a dynamic industry with exceptional opportunities. We are in an extended expansion phase. We are looking for beer industry professionals and other professionals to join the team and contribute immediately.
The Packaging Operator will report directly to the Senior Packaging Operator and Head Brewer, including overseeing several Packaging Assistants. The Packaging Operator will be expected to fulfil duties as they are listed below and offer best-practices, identify solutions and contribute to improve the packaging process overall.
• Packaging beer into cans, kegs or bottles to meet production targets and quality standards following company´s SOPs
• Maintaining high standards of hygiene throughout the brewery, setting up the clean-in-place (CIP) for the fillers and following cleaning instructions for other packaging equipment
• Keep and maintain packaging records and SOPs
• Performing packaging quality checks, for example total packaged oxygen, carbon dioxide and seamer checks following company´s SOPs
• Performing mechanical changeovers
• Assist in organizing inventory of cans, bottles, kegs, boxes and other packaging supplies
• Maintaining a safe working environment
• Responsible for reporting all quality defects or issues/concerns to the Packaging lead and Head Brewer
• Contributing to continuous improvement projects
• Assisting the brewing team if needed
• Working on shifts included Saturdays when needed
Skills and Experience
• Previous experience working in packaging or in a brewery is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to communicate proficiently in English and Spanish
• Strong record keeping abilities
• Willing to work in a shift rotation
• Passion for the brewing industry
Compensation will be addressed in the interview process based on the applicant’s experience relative to the open position.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30/09/2021.